2013-2014 NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL RECRUITING CALENDAR
NCAA Division I Bowl Subdivision Football Recruiting Calendar August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014
(See NCAA Division I Bylaw 13.17.4 for Football Calendar Formula)
(a) August 1 through November 30, 2013, [except for (1) below]: Quiet Period
(1) 42 evaluation days (54 for U.S. service academies) (see Bylaw 13.02.7.2) during the months of September, October and November, selected at the discretion of the institution and designated in writing in the office of the director of athletics; authorized off-campus recruiters shall not visit a prospective student-athlete’s educational institution on more than one calendar day during this period:
(b) December 1, 2013 through February 1, 2014, [except for (1) through (5) below]:
Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) or partial calendar week.
(1) December 15, 2013, for all junior college prospective student- athletes who intend to enroll midyear:
(2) December 16, 2013 through January 15, 2014: [except for (a) below]:
Quiet Period Dead Period
(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student-athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospective student-athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions for all students.
(c) February 2, 2014:
(d) February 3-6, 2014:
(e) February 7 through April 14, 2014:
(f) April 15 through May 31, 2014, [except for (g) below]:
One hundred sixty-eight evaluation days (216 for U.S. service academies) (see Bylaw 13.02.7.2) (excluding Memorial Day and Sundays) selected at
Quiet Period Dead Period Quiet Period Evaluation Period
the discretion of the member institution and designated in writing in the office of the director of athletics [as provided in (1) below]:
(1) An authorized off-campus recruiter may use one evaluation to assess the prospective student-athlete’s athletics ability and one evaluation to assess the prospective student-athlete’s academic qualifications during this evaluation period). If an institution’s coaching staff member conducts both an athletics and an academic evaluation of the prospective student-athlete on the same day during this evaluation period, the institution shall be charged with the use of an academics evaluation only and shall be permitted to conduct a second athletics evaluation of the prospective student-athlete on a separate day during this evaluation period.
|(g)||Those days in April/May not designated above for evaluation|
June 1 through July 31, 2014 [except for (1) below]:
(1) June 30 through July 13, 2014:
|Quiet Period Quiet Period